- Jungmin’s been around since childhood. Sure they lost touch at points but sit them down in a pub with a few drinks and they’ll fall back into their old rhythm. By no means are they two peas in a pod but Jungmin’s a safe choice for conversation and no one else has the history and patience to deal with his ranting. Plus, Youngsaeng would never tell his secrets to anyone else.
The Forbidden Friend
- Naeun’s family had once considered him a potential suitor for their daughter but after his father objected without further explanation in order to preserve the family secret there was tension between the families. Meeting her on the top of the astronomy tower was an accident. Becoming friends with her was risky but they had so much in common he couldn’t help but feel connected.
The Wildcard Friend
- Soohyun was the last person he would have ever talked to but unfortunately, when you find yourself trapped in an unfortunate situation it’s not up to you to decide who comes to help you. He’s the only one to have seen Youngsaeng completely vulnerable but they don’t talk about that. Instead he tries to make sense of the pureblood Gryffindor who was raised so differently from himself. Maybe they talk because he wishes he was more like the younger male or maybe he just wants him close so he can’t run and tell the school what he’s seen.
The Symbiotic Relationship
- The squeaky little Hufflepuff that tripped over his shoes while being chased by a poltergeist will always be fairly close to Youngsaeng. He didn’t know how to interact with the nervous little student at first but he found some sort of common ground in their passions for sketching. Most of their encounters have been brief and “in passing” but something about the kid stuck and he keeps his eye out for the tiny blonde just in case he catches anyone harassing him. Lately it’s been coming back to him as Yejun has found opportunities to return the favor.
- Even before the disastrous dance, Da Rae has been nothing short of confusing. Kissing him unexpectedly and then expressing her anger towards him in a physical manner it’s nearly impossible for Youngsaeng to understand exactly where they stand. It’s also a complete mystery how she isn’t more ‘ladylike’ considering her family’s reputation.
The Hot Chocolate Friend
- They met briefly crossing paths in the owlery and then again in the pouring rain. He agreed to sharing in her family tradition of talking over hot chocolate and from there, a sort of friendship was formed. They’ve been surprisingly honest and open about their parents which is one of the reasons why he respects her. She even came to neutrally mediate when things got out of control between him and Da Rae.
The Old Flame
- The pureblood girl he once dated in an act of rebellion. They were young and carefree but forcibly separated when he left Japan and it became time for their “training” to begin. Now, she’d probably only recognize him by name and face. He’s just a shell of who he used to be when they were together. Whether or not the feelings still linger is a mystery- he hadn’t expected to ever see her again.
- His third arranged marriage plan. Whether or not things will work out this time he has no idea. He’s never met this girl before but maybe that’s for the best. He wonders however, why his parents chose her family as his father is always seeking to gain something in the end.
Open, Professor (Preferably a pureblood)
- Being privately tutored for so long, Youngsaeng originally came to this person for additional lessons. What began as a simple conversation turned into something more and eventually this professor became a mentor-type figure. More validating then his parents, this adult helps discover what he wants for his life and steers him into the idea of becoming a professor. (A/N: Looking at making him an Architecture Prof after “graduation”.)